Sunday, April 19, 2009

Nobody Listens

This past weekend was Paige's musical theater debut. She played the role of Sam, the wedding planner's daughter in a retelling of The Emperor's New Clothes (quite a cute play, really). Sam is the "kid who knows the answers but. . .nobody listens to me," according to the words of her solo. Quite frankly, Paige knocked it out of the park. She was darling, confident, sang amazingly well and really stole the show. I lost track of how many people commented to me or Paul about how great she was.

We were so touched by our friends' support in coming to the show and being a part of this with us. We have the greatest friends! We were also so glad that Uncle Bryan came, even though his whooping and hollering was super loud (and embarassing to me and Katie!).

Thanks to those who sent her well wishes! Yeah for a fun experience!

Pictures coming soon, I promise.

4 comments:

marci said...

Way to go, Paiger! I wish I had been there to see your play. I'm glad Uncle Bryan could be there to make enough noise for both of us!

grandkrumps said...

Sorry Uncle Bryan embarrassed you all. I should have been there to help him, so you'd have been doubly embarrassed. Please bring the video with you in June or mail it ahead of time so we can witness the theatrical debut of our adorable Paige. Congratulations to you all.

Valerie said...

Oh, how great! I would truly LOVE to see that recording of Paige. Funny...I was embarrassing my children (okay, just Eliza) this weekend cheering at Rachel's soccer game. Must run in the family.

Joe and Joanne said...

Congratulations Paige!!!

If only that play was this weekend, I would have LOVED to see Paige in it! I can't wait to see the pictures.