Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Mother's Day

Just a quick additional post to report on my mother's day. Katie told me that I got to take a 3 hour nap (I think that was the longest nap she could possibly imagine, so it was a huge gift). I laughingly said, Oh I never. . . . Turns out I was wrong, dead wrong. I took a THREE HOUR nap today! And Paul had to wake me up, because I was sound asleep. Of course, now it is approaching 11 and I'm up blogging, but that's ok.

For my mother's day gift to myself I made and ate (wtihout guilt, at least that is the plan) chocolate chip cookies. After having been on weightwatchers, I have discovered that cookies are what I miss the most. I can pass on ice cream, cake, pie, candy,donuts, etc. But man, a chocolate chip cookie is the best thing ever. I need to send a few in lunches tomorrow and then figure out who I can take the rest to, because otherwise, I will just finish off the batch.

I also wanted to add a Happy Mother's Day to Gwen, who I am so glad is my mil. Thanks for the great mothering that produced Paul, because we all know how much I love that guy. And thanks for being such a great friend. I miss having you a few blocks away.

Oh bummer, I just realized that I never told anyone what I wanted to do today, so it didn't get done. I got a nice new outfit and I had thought of having Paul take my picture with my four loverly childrens, but since I never articulated that plan, it didn't happen. Oh well.

2 comments:

grandkrumps said...

You deserve the 3-hour nap--that is AMAZING. Sorry I wasn't home when you called the first time, as after listenin to Susan Easton Black, I spent the remainder of Mother's Day evening with my own mother, playing (you'll never guess, will you???) Hand & Foot. I miss you too, and will forever be grateful for those years when we had such fun interactins and being together often.

Joe and Joanne said...

I want pictures of the new house...

And some of Paul, Jeanne & Co. would be nice too...

:)