So, as most of you know, Tyler has some speech delays, and we have things we work on with him. Specifically, we are trying to help him say the ending sound of words (i.e, "t" with cut). The other day as we were driving home, I took a shortcut, and said I was doing it. Tyler is now (finally!) starting to repeat what I say, so he said his version of "cut," to which I repeated it, emphasizing the "T" sound. Then Ryan pipes up from next to Tyler, "CUT--like chop off your head. Whack" (Making a machete swing in the air). Tyler immediately yells, "No--YOUR head!" And fires back with a light saber sound.
Ahh, the halcyon days of raising little boys--machetes and light sabers. Should I be worried about too much violence?
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I can picture this scene! Cute. I think little boys will be little boys whether or not you furnish the light saber! I recall one of your husbands (who shall remain nameless for his protection!) who made a gun by carefully removing one corner of a 4-section graham cracker--in the absence of a more realistic shooting tool! They will be fine. Tell Tyler Grandma thinks he is Cute with emphasis on the "T"
YAY! I wish I could see this! Well, and I wish I could hear it. I'm glad that he's making some improvements!
Mom, are you saying that Jeanne has multiple husbands?
Yeah, I think you got the grammar wrong on that Gwen. . .I only have the one, PAUL!! (Who wil not remain nameless!)
You definitely sound like the mom of boys! Everything's a gun and then there are all the fun noises they add to it. Plus the farts and fascination with what's in (or not in) their noses and ears and ... you get the idea! Tyler and Ryan sound like they'd fit into my crowd really well Scary fun!
:) That is great fun - I wish I could be there to hear him talk! No, I'm sure they're just expressing normal boy behavior; though I think I would probably be just like you if I were in your shoes...wondering...
Post a Comment