Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Tag

So here are my answers to this pass-along blog tag. Here it goes.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both, but it is commonly known that I don't wrap very well. Usually function over form at our house.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Real trees are best, but we bought an artificial one this year for a few reasons. It will be nice to have it in the attic for the years when we need it.

3. When do you put up the tree? Never soon enough according to the kids.

4. When do you take the tree down? In time for the boy scout troop to pick it up.

5. Do you like eggnog? Not really.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Grover, definitely. Thanks again Jim!

7. Hardest person to buy for? My friend Beth gave my answer: "everyone". I definitely do not have "gift giving" as one of my languages of love. Pretty easy to buy gifts for the kids, but otherwise, hit or miss.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Each year it is different. This year it was definitely Ryan.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Several. I get a new one each year for me as well as one for the kids (a "kid-friendly, play-with me one"). This year's kid one was from Grandma Gwen and is one of those wood puzzle ones. My new one is a "Eastern European" one, which I got the Holy Family. I'll buy the other pieces (the wise men and the camel set) next year.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Whatever happens. Finally have figured out that I do value sending cards out, but I need to start planning earlier. I'm going to do a blog one later today. I think.

11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Can't think of one.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? "It's a Wonderful Life" watching it on Christmas Eve as Paul and I wrap the last gifts, make the breakfast casserole, and finish last minute necessities.

13. When do you start shopping? I did my only Christmas shopping this past Saturday. Paul took care of pretty much everything this year. Yeah, he rocks!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably, but I can't remember.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Our Christmas Morning Breakfast Casserole! Delish!

16. Lights on the tree? Is there any other way? This year's artificial is great because it is pre-lit. I like clear, Paul likes colored, so most years we do a combination.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Just one? Here are a few: "In the Bleak Mid-Winter," "Gesu Bambino," 'Gabriel's Message," and my all time favorite traditional is "Away in a Manger," from the humnbook, the last verse and the alto line.

18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay at home, although the one and only time we did travel to Utah was fabulous.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Most definitely, as can my kids. We did it just this morning.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Haven't established a tradition on this.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning. Paul thinks it is absurd to even think about doing it Christmas Eve, but I have some pleasant memories of doing one on Christmas Eve. Also, we have established the tradition of making Christmas Eve more about Christ, with a nativity play, reading scriptures, etc.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? My own anxiety about getting everything done.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? We don't have a theme, just a hodge-podge adorable tree. We all get a new ornament each year and Paul and I always buy an ornament from whatever vacation spots we have gone over the year. I can't find my Leavenworth one, though. Bummer.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham, rolls, au graten or funeral potatoes.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? The new computer that I typed this up on. Thanks Paul!!

Merry Christmas to all!

1 comment:

grandkrumps said...

I realize in reading this that I failed in a family tradition: I did not buy an ornament for all this year. Perhaps I can make it a point to search for something good as I hit the Day After Christmas Sales in an hour and a half. I really enjoyed your "card" and have printed the picture to put with my other cards in the quilted tree on the wall. Love you all! Grandma Gwen